Mr. H Prakash Khincha is a graduate from Bangalore University with a Masters and Ph.D from the India Institute of Science, Bangalore. He was one of the most renowned faculty members at the Indian Institute of Science taking on various roles and heading various initiatives in his 42 years, from where he retired recently. He was also the Vice-Chancellor of one of the biggest technical universities India called Visvesvaraya Technological University for a few years. He has been a frequent visiting scientist to many universities across the globe. His active involvement in professional societies make him a well-known figure in the field of Electrical engineering and Innovation.
Prof.Khincha is responsible for developing and steering an experiment on Faculty Entrepreneurship and Technology Licensing for the first time in India. At IISC, he was the Founder Chief Executive of the Society for Innovation and Development along with being the Department Chairman of Electrical Engineering and the head of All India Graduate Aptitude Test for his department. He was also made the Advisor for Technology Enhanced Learning Program – NPTEL and the coordinator of the Quality Improvement Program.
He was awarded the Life time Achievement Award by system Society of India (2010) and also the Best Power Engineers Volunteer award By IEEE.
He has also widely travelled the world as a visiting scientist to University of Calgary Canada, Visiting Fellow to the University of Liverpool, UK, Senior visiting Fellow to the National University of Singapore and visiting professor to EPFLK, Lausanne, Switzerland.
He has been actively involved in a number of consulting projects for electricity, utilities and other industries concerned with power system planning as well as analysis and design. He has also participated by representing India at the World Bank sponsored five-day program on ICT policies and economic development at London, UK in 2001 and a British Council sponsored five-day program on IP practices and creation of Business from Science and Technology at Oxford UK in 2002.
He has been a member of numerous professional societies like Institution of Engineering IEE UK, Institution of Engineers(India), Instrument Society of India, IEEE (USA), and Executive Committee of Asia –Pacific region for more than 20 years. He is also one of the founder members of the Indian Academy for Mathematical Simulation in Engineering and Science and National Institute of Advance Studies.
Prof. Khincha has organized and participated in over 100 conferences, workshops and symposiums at national and International level; He has also delivered Keynote and special talks at more than 100 different national / International forums.
• Chairman and member of committees to different ministries and organizations of Government of India such as, National Mission on Power Electronics, National Mission on Automation system Technologies, and National Mission on Intelligent Transportation.
• Member of Board of Institutions like IIT, NIT, CR Rao Institute for Mathematics, Statistic & Computing Science and also Board of Directors for Different companies and also Member of Army Technology Board.
• Has over 200 international and national publications.
• Research guide to Ph.D/ MSc. students
• Research areas include: Power System Protection, Real Time Protection and control Applications, Signal Processing Application in Power System, Computer Application s to power system problems, Distribution Automation.
Way Toward Your Dream